Tuesday 16 August 2016

Heart Canvas by Gemma


Hello Everyone

I have a square canvas to share with you all today. This canvas started with a layer of Gesso and no real plan, I just felt the need to play and explore with different items on my table.


I spread an old fairly dried out crackle paste over the canvas in different areas and then I pushed the sequin waste masks into the paste while it was wet. The paste that was picked up on the bottom of the mask was pressed onto other areas of the canvas.


The paste took some time to completely dry, but I did apply it very thickly. I added a layer of Gesso over the top of the paste and while that was still wet I started to apply and blend in different colour acrylic paints. The paints I used were Basic Buff Titanium, Ranger paint dabbers in Espresso, Mushroom and butterscotch and Paperartsy's Toffee.


Using the same sequin waste mask I sponged white paint through onto different areas.


I then cut hearts from chipboard and applied a thinner coat of crackle paste, resulting in a much faster drying time.


 After painting over the top with acrylic paint I stamped onto the hearts using calligraphy mat 11 and Pitch black (Ranger),slate (PaperArtsy) and white acrylic paint.


After coating the canvas in a layer of gel medium I ripped strips of washi tape and placed them on the canvas going over the top with more gel medium. I also used gel medium to glue the hearts into place.



Thank you for reading 
Gemma

No comments: