Sunday 24 April 2016

Franswar says Journal, believe, grow - Distress Page by Debs

Hi Everyone

Hope you are all enjoying this months challenge, I certainly am!


I had great fun with this page, believe it or not i have only used two colours plus black and white!

I started with a book page and added Ground Espresso Distress Ink to the whole page

Then I added some of the new PaperArtsy Infusions, these are quite simply little pots of magic!! They work a bit like Color Burst or Brushos, however the more water and powder you add the browner the colour gets as they have walnut stain pigment in them.  The above photo shows just two corners with a bit on each corner

Here is the page after i had finished playing, as you can see i have yellows, orange, pink as well red and Brown  I used Sunset Beach, basically you sprinkle them onto the page add a spritz of water and voila!

I added some to the back of a piece of Tim Holtz Tissue by putting some infusions on my craft mat, spritzing with water and then pulling the paper through the colour 

I wanted a lot of texture so i made sure that when i adhered both the tissue and the sheet of paper that there were lots of wrinkles in it, which for me is quite hard as i found myself smoothing them out and then trying to pull the wrinkles back!

I also did the same thing to a piece of Jennies wonder printed material ribbon

The original piece next to a piece coloured with infusions 

On another book page covered with Ground Espresson Distress Ink I Stamped Neil Walkers Franswar and coloured him in using the infusions, the Distress Ink and a water brush again added it to my craft mat and lifting the colour with my brush and adding it

The I added some white pen around the stamped image and around the piece of paper with the stamped image and then stamped Two shapes from the Urban Decay set in black Archival and again edged with white pen

Added some gears around Franswar in Picket Fence Distress Ink


I stamped some words from the Journaling Words 4 Set onto a scrap piece of Distressed Ink Paper

And added some white pen to highlight the words and around the edge of the paper.

Looking forward to seeing more of your creations and don't forget you have two chances of winning a prize if you enter on the blog and the Facebook page.

Happy crafting Debs





No comments: