Monday 4 April 2016

Distress Elephant by Dee

Hi everyone I hope you are well and enjoying the start of spring
with the lighter evenings it lifts you after the long 
evenings of winter.
 I have an altered beer matt for you today with the artistic stamper 
elephant. I have created this in the theme of this months
challenge.
I started with colouring a tag with distress inks followed by 
by stamping the elephant with black versa fine onyx black 
and clear embossing. next I coated it with distress glaze.
I tripple embossed the saddle on my elephant and cut out.
for the matt I used texture paste through Tim's flourish 
stencil and crackle paste round the edges.
 Once dry I coloured with distress paint and spritzed 
with water. I also used Ken Olivers metallic
burst's in iron oxide.
Thats all for today folks hope you like my card please
feel free to let me know what you think.
Cheers Dee.
Products used
  1. Artistic stamper stamps Elephant .
  2. Distress inks:- Spiced Marmalade, Aged Mahogany, Broken China.
  3. Distress paints:- Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick  & Chipped Sapphire. 

3 comments:

Sid said...

Brilliant effect !!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Wow! This is absolutely stunning. I love the use of the rich, warm colours with the black and gold, and the saddle looks amazing. This is an exquisite piece of art and would definitely be on the wall in my house, I love it :) X

Unknown said...

AWED Dee - totally. Wow. XXj.