Saturday 16 April 2016

Cog note book by Gemma


Hello Everyone

I have a little note book to share with you today. 


The cover was made from a paracetamol box. I removed the top, bottom and one of the side panels, before wrapping the card with part of a brown file. Before gluing the file to the box I places a piece of ribbon between the layers, so the book could be closed once it was finished.                                              


The whole book was completed using Distress Ink and Distress embossing powders.  I started by stamping over the whole book with calligraphy mat 11 and then in places with square wire.


I then stamped out and heat embossed a clock face and a few cogs from the Tick Tock stamp plate. I dragged my finger through the embossing powder on a couple of the cogs before the embossing powder had completely cooled down and hardened. I then stamped the same calligraphy mat over the clock face and then the Punk Plaid and Hatched background stamps on a few scraps of paper.


Once I had edged everything with a little black ink I arranged them on the cover before gluing them into place. To finish I added a few gems and a boarder around the edge to frame everything.





This months challenge is Distress. There is still plenty of time to join in, both here and on the new facebook page. We really love looking at all your entries and reading your comments. 

Thank you for reading
Gemma (inkykitty)

No comments: