Sunday 18 May 2014

Sewing Card by Alison (Craftytrog)

Hello Stampers! I made a bright, sewing themed card for my post today, I hope you like it.


Here are the ingredients...

Distress Inks - Picked Raspberry & Spiced Marmalade
Archival Inks - Jet Black & Potting Soil
Distress Stain - Spiced Marmalade
Metal Poppers

and, here's how I made my card...

1. Ink the Flowery Lace Border stamp with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink, & stamp just above the centre of a square white card. Ink the Lacy Border with Picked Raspberry, & stamp underneath the Flowery Lace.

2. Ink the zig zag stitches with Jet Black Archival Ink, & stamp between the laces. Ink the running stitch stamp with Potting Soil, & stamp over the zig zag stitches.

3. Stamp the seamstress on Smoothy White Card, using Jet Black Archival, use the waterbrush & Distress Inks to colour her dress, cut her out, & use glossy accents to glue her to the card, as shown.



4. Stamp some buttons on white card, using the Distress Inks, colour them, cut them out, & glue in place.

5. Colour some seam binding ribbon with Spiced Marmalade Distress Stain, form a bow, add some highlights with the Picked Raspberry Distress Ink, & glue to the card.

6. Glue a few metal poppers to the card, as a finishing touch.

Happy Stamping,

Alison xxx 

11 comments:

massofhair said...

All things bright and beautifully put together, fab card and stamps:-) xxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, I love the bright colours.

Deborah Wainwright said...

Love the vibrancy of your card xx

Dagmar said...

It's so beautiful - i love the fresh colours.

Unknown said...



Waouhhhhhhhhh superbe
Bravo
Monique

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Lovely card, Alison!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, how cool! The colours are so zingy, and yet so sophisticated against the white space. Brilliant!
Alison xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous!! Wonderful use of those stamps, a really cool card with a great composition!!

TLC said...

I love her.. so cute!

sheila 77 said...

Hello Alison, this card is just fabulous. In my stamping innocence I thought the lace was real lace, but having read your excellent instructions and materials list, I am now wiser. Even the stitching is stamped!
Thanks for your very nice comment on Orange Esmeralda. I have been trying to comment on your blog for the past week or so but all my comments on all Wordpress blogs are vanishing into thin air. It is being investigated by very nice techies in cyberspace.
I really like your "Circles" piece so much and will come to Craftytrog and say so when it is possible again.

hazel said...

A brilliant card Alison - I love it.
xxx Hazel.