Wednesday 28 May 2014

Hugs by Guest Designer, Sherry Cheever!

Hello!  Sherry Cheever here again with my final post as Guest Designer.  First, I want to say how much I’ve enjoyed being here with you and in particular want to thank Jennie for asking me to be a guest designer!  It’s been a blast!

My project today is a stampy one.  I’ve recently felt the need to get back to my stamping roots and wanted to finish up here with a project that included mostly stamps.

HugsCard

The first step for me in assembling this card, was the flower image.  Actually, I had a different vision when I started and once I stamped the flower I couldn’t make myself do it.  I liked it so well, that I couldn’t mess it up and decided to die cut the image with an oval die template.

HugsCardCloseUP

The flower is one of the images from Botanical Plate 1.  The image was colored with Peeled Paint and Dusty Concord Distress Markers, misted with water and then stamped on watercolor paper.  Using a water brush, the ink was colored in and touches of blue were added to the flower with Tumbled Glass.  While the image was still in the die template, the edges were sponged with Bundled Sage and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks.

The background for the card was made with the Wrinkle-Free Distress Technique and water color paper.  Colors used for the background were Bundled Sage, Shaded Lilac and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks.

Once the background was dry, painters tape was used to mask off a line down the page.

Hugs Card Step1

Using the tiny dots from Mini Backgrounds 1, the image was stamped down the center with Shaded Lilac.   While the tape was still in place, Bundled Sage was sponge over the stamped area.

Hugs Card Step3

The stamped line was then masked with painters tape

Hugs Card Step4

and the Calligraphic Mat 11 was stamped over the remaining background with Shaded Lilac.

Hugs Card Step5

“[Hugs]” from Grungy Greetings 1 was stamped at the bottom of the page in Hydrangea Archival Ink.  (my daughter jokingly said it looked like chug . . . if so, tip one back for for this BAD girl!)

HugsCard

Bundled Sage was used to dye the seam binding ribbon, which was attached to the background layer before it was affixed with foam tape to the card base.  The image was then mounted on the front with foam tape for more dimension.

Thanks for stopping by and joining me!

SHERRY SIGNATURE



7 comments:

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Sherry, Thank you for being our guest designer . It is very much appreciated :)
xx

massofhair said...

Beautiful water coloured image, lovely colours. A fantastic card :-) x

Janet L. said...

Wonderful card and one of my faves!! I love using watercolor techniques on cards, but never thought of masking off sections. Clever, very, very clever!

Deborah Wainwright said...

I love the effect this card has beautiful xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Beautiful card Sherry, love it! It looks wonderful with that ribbon on the side!

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful I love the watercolour effect.

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely, lovely finale, Sherry - the watercolour stamping effect is absolutely beautiful!

It's been lovely having you along for the ride this month.
Alison x