Monday 9 September 2013

My Girlie by Alison (Craftytrog)

Hello Stampers!
For my first post of the month, I wanted to make a little plaque featuring my lovely daughter Beth. She's off to Uni at the end of the month, & I'm going to miss her so much. 

I began by painting the MDF plaque with Studio Gesso, to prime it, then I painted it with turquoise acrylic paint.
I used Sienna Archival Ink to stamp random bits of text from Katy Fox's Encyclopaedia Botanica Plate, then Jet Black Archival to stamp flowers from the same Plate, around the edge.
I painted a layer of Rock Candy Crackle all over the plaque, then set it aside to dry. Once it was dry & crackled, I daubed Walnut Stain Distress Stain all over, to highlight the cracks, then brushed some gold Guilding Wax around the edges.

I painted a small Artemio frame brown, then triple embossed it with clear UTEE. Whilst the final layer was still molten, I stamped the Encyclopaedia Botanica text into it. I painted another coat of brown over the top, then highlighted the raised areas with gold Guilding Wax.
I used thin red line tape to glue the photo behind the frame, then attached it to a piece of inked book paper.
I used Vintage Photo Distress Stains to colour some lace, then glued it behind the frame as shown. I attached the frame to the plaque, then added a bee charm to finish.
I'm going to attach a picture hook to the back of the plaque, so that I can hang it in my craft studio :o)
Thanks for visiting,
Alison xxx

16 comments:

mark gould said...

Beautiful Alison. I love the triple embossed stamping. Lovely textures and rich colours x

craftimamma said...

Lovely plaque Alison and a fitting surround to the beautiful photo of your daughter. Love the colours and in particular all the gorgeous texture.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Julie Lee said...

Wonderful textures, a lovely plaque. The triple embossing works so well - I love that technique. I do hope that your daughter is happy and successful at university and the weeks will soon pass: Christmas vacation will be here and you'll be together again! Julie Ann xx

massofhair said...

Wonderful reminder of your Uni Daughter. Time goes so quickly she will be home before you know it! :-)

Helen said...

Gorgeous, Alison! Love the texture. I know you'll miss her loads, but before long she'll be home (with her washing!) full of stories to tell you. xx

Lin said...

Alison this is gorgeous!! Love all the layers and the way it has come together. I know you will miss her loads but she is going to have a ball and you'll have all the washing!!

Sid said...

Loving this Alison !

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous layered piece Alison.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Astrid Maclean said...

Looks fantastic Alison, and such a gorgeous photo! Love all the different textures!!

Words and Pictures said...

So cool, Alison... the text stamped into the triple-embossing looks amazing, and I love the colours and textures you've included. Great make!
Alison x

Anonymous said...

You achieved beautiful mix of textures - a beautiful transformation of an ordinary frame.
Wishes
Lynne

whyducks said...

Lovely work, love it.

Marjie Kemper said...

Fabulous project! So many neat textures... a lovely plaque for your studio.

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous.

Artyjen said...

A lovely way to have her with you whilst she is away at uni ;)
xoxo Sioux

Maggie said...

Gorgeous Alison perfect for a lovely picture of your daughter

MaggieH