Wednesday 13 February 2013

"His and Hers" Key to my heart

Hello everyone it's Astrid here and welcome to the blog. Hope you have enjoyed all the fabulous projects so far this month.
Well, seeing it is the day before Valentine's today, I thought I'd share a quick and easy Valentine's project with you and use this opportunity to wish you all a day full of love and blessings tomorrow☺


This is what I used:
Calligraphic Mat 12
Time and Keys
Girl with Clock
Ideaology Locket Keys
Adirondack Dye Ink Espresso
Archival Ink Jet Black
Claudine Hellmuth  Studio Matt Medium and Studio Gesso
Ranger Acrylic Paint Dabber in Snowcap,Hazelnut and Cloudy Blue
Distress Crackle Paint Clear Rock Candy
Distress Inks in Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet, Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot and Pickled Raspberry
Viva Ferro texture paste
and from my stash:
Paper Mache hearts with magnet on the back, paper napkin, flowers, stencil, die cut, Onyxite and White Fire Treasure Gold paste.

All right, first for the "His Heart"


I started by covering the heart in two coats of Gesso, followed by a thin coat of Snowcap dabber. I then stamped the Calligraphic mat randomly over both the front and the side of the heart and then covered it with a further layer of watered down snow cap to tone it down a bit. I added a layer of watered down Hazelnut dabber and when that was dry inked all around the edges with the Espresso Dye Ink. Next I stamped one of the keys from the Time and Keys set in Black Archival. I computer generated the sentiment Key to my Heart, cut it with one of my dies and adhered it to the center of the heart. I added a rose and one of the Idealology locks and then brushed some rock candy crackle paint around my embellishments. I finished the edges by rubbing on some of the Treasure Gold. Here are some detailed photos:
One of the keys from the Time and Keys plate




For the "Hers Heart" I started by giving it some textured swirls by scraping the Ferro through a little stencil.

When it had dried (with a heat-gun to make it puff up a bit) I covered the whole thing with a thick layer of Gesso and when dry I painted it light blue. When the paint had dried I collaged part of a paper napkin over it with the Matt Medium and then darkened the edges  with Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot DI. Next I stamped the Girl with Clock on smooth card, cut her out and then coloured her with Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet, Pickled Raspberry and Chipped Sapphire DI, adhered her to the heart and embellished again with a little flower.



Well, that's it, - hope you enjoyed this little project and thanks for visiting . Happy Valentines!

18 comments:

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow, Astrid, these hearts are gorgeous. Love them both. ox Marg

Anonymous said...

They're gorgeous!

Jacqueline said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing.


Jackie x

Annie said...

Absolutely stunning Astrid. I love the texture created here and the embellishments are beautiful.

Back later to read the how to as off to work.

Annie x

Paula Whittaker said...

what a great idea - they look totally fab!

Bea said...

How beautiful and romantic

Sandie said...

Just so beautiful ...

Helen said...

Oh, Astrid these hearts are beautiful!!

Maryann Laursen said...

WOUW these are both so gorgeous Astrid, I just love these hearts and the colors are so great, and they´re sooo perfect decorated. Love the tiny details on both hearts here.

Artyjen said...

Love the idea....great ;)
xoxo Sioux

Ros Crawford said...

Wonderful work!! Both hearts are so lovely and the detail is amazing!

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Both are soooo cute !!
love them !

Words and Pictures said...

These are so beautiful, Astrid - what a great idea to create his'n'hers hearts... Delicious vintage feel, of course, and the stamping is so beautiful in the backgrounds - wonderful!
Alison x

Marisa Job said...

Another stunning creation!! Love the pretty details!!!

Dorthe said...

They are BEAUTIFUL ,
and the brown with all the texture you made is stunning, dear Astrid,- so great looking with the inks and distress cracklepaint- I love the look!
Hugs,Dorthe

Ephemera said...

Gorgeous work Astrid. xx

Bärbel said...

Die beiden Herzen sind wunderschön gestaltzet und ein echter Blickfang. Mir gefällt auch die krakelierte Struktur des blauen Herzes sehr gut.

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous Astrid. Funny to see this project as I was just looking at some empty heart candy boxes I had saved and wondered what I could do with them. This just might be the answer! Thanks for the turorial, as usual you astound. hugs
~Deb~