Saturday 17 September 2011

Revisiting your past! by Nicky Cresswell

Hiya Stampers, 
Now you may think from the title that I have some deep meaningful look back planned..
EERRRR WRONG
No today I just decided I wanted to revisit one of the arty things I used to do and that was to alter dominoes! 
But with an added bonus!
It makes THE perfect edging to finish off your dominoes, and what's even more brilliant is you can either leave it as is or stain it to the colour you choose.
......
I have 3 to share today, all with slightly different techniques.
First is the basic stamping:
I used the sweet little girl from the 'Our Little Ones elements' plate
I just stamped the image in black stazon then edged with the 'journeymantissue tape.
.......
Next is the alcohol ink background:
 I used a mix of Tim Holtz and Kuretake Zig alcohol inks stippled onto the domino, and then stamped the beautiful bee from the insects & butterflies plate, edged again with the 'journeyman' tissue tape but this time I used some of the alcohol ink to stain it. I also added a little crown charm {after drilling a hole in the domino to hang a jump ring through, I did this b4 I started BTW}
.......
And lastly the alcohol ink, archival ink ghosting: 
{i'm sure there is a proper name for this technique but I don't know it lol}
For this I alcohol inked the base and then wiped it off with a baby wipe, which leaves a subtle colouring on the domino, Next I stamped the mannequin from the 'artists' plate in manganese blue, and the nibs from the same artist plate in the russet archival ink, I then wiped over the images again with a baby wipe which removed the bulk of the colour leaving an almost ghostly image. I finished by stamping the word ART in black stazon. And edged with one of the 'hobgoblintissue tapes, which I stained using the manganese blue ink.
.......
So there you have it.. Just another fab use for Tissue Tape which if you didn't already know is on offer HERE.
Thanks for stopping in, I hope you liked my little revisit.
Until Next Time
STAY INKY

17 comments:

Zuzu's Blog said...

i love altering dominoes. and the tissue tape looks good around the edges.. nice job Minxy x

Gabrielle said...

Feel like Ive just had a masterclass! Thanks Nicky! Love the ideas! I have some dominoes crying out for a little love!

Daniele said...

thanks for the inspiration, greta use of the dominoes

craftytrog said...

These are gorgeous Nicky, great use of the tape! xxx

Siobhan Brignull said...

love them especially the mono one at the top and the tissue tape is inspired, supa job . . x

Von said...

Just fab Nicky ! :)
Von x

Kate said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! You inspired me today :) Thank you!

Artyjen said...

Lovely altered art...and the tape on the edge is perfect.
xoxo Sioux

Sid said...

Three fab doms !!

Hope and Chances said...

Superb, I want to make these now... :)

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Wonderful inspiration.. so much so I made my own :))
xx

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful creations,must give it a try. :)

Kirsten Alicia said...

Gorgeous dominoes!

Kat said...

fab dominoes,
love the bee one best (grate colours)

Lori said...

Ooo, these are fab!

Lesley said...

Wow I am always looking for new ways to alter dominoes. Thanks for sharing, would never think to use tissue tape and to stain it with AI's.
Now I can have more creative fun thanks to you.

Lucy Edmondson said...

Terrific ideas and tutorial, Minxy!

You have inspired me,

Lucy x