Friday 2 September 2011

Phineas Pinchbeck's Time Machine Oil, By Zuzu:

Hello Everyone. My name is Louise but I am better known to my crafting friends as Zuzu (or even Z lol). I am delighted to be here as Septembers guest Artist.
My first project is an Altered bottle (I apologise as this post will be picture heavy). It is a bottle containing Phineas Pinchbeck's "Time Machine Oil". Phineas is a Maker of all things to do with time and his time machine oil is of the best quality. Like all things of quality, attention to detail is of the utmost and this includes the packaging, in this case a very fine bottle.

For the main front I have used the inside frame from an old vintage clock. firstly I stamped out the text on to aged paper and secured it to the bottle then added the clock frame. I attached little cogs etc to the frame, and a propeller. I actually did this side last as it would have been harder to do the other faces with the frame jutting out like that.

I used the 'tick tock' plate (it can be found in the steampunk section HERE), to create an old grungy looking label. Firstly I stained the paper using 'Vintage Linen' distress ink. then i stamped the wheels and cogs on to it in 'vintage paper' distress ink and then over stamped in Tan/brown stazon. After that I stamped out the "Time after time" quote and cut it out, then glued it on to the label, leaving space for embellishments.
The other two sides remaining have the fabulous Steampunk Gents stamps made to look like labels. Phineas Pinchbeck and because one of the special ingredients is a quantity of Professor Harpers goose grease (usually used for moustaches), the professor insisted that he was included. The little tag hanging off also has these two gents on it as well as more of the super script stamp (it has a real nice old look to the font style)....

List of Items used from The Artistic Stamper.

Stamps Used from the steampunk section HERE

Phineas Pinchbeck
Goose Grease
Tick Tock

Other stamps used

Calligraphy mat 13 from this section HERE

Other Items Used.
Distress Inks (I used Antique Linen and Vintage Photo).
Stazon Ink
Archival Ink pad (I used Coffee)

Steampunk Clock and cog charm.
Ideaology Key from the Locket set.
Ideaology Keyhole.


18 comments:

Minxy said...

OMG This is just totally awesome Z, love ever single inch of it xx

Anonymous said...

This is really cool! You did a wonderful job, I love time travel too and your right about the attention to detail and you rocked it!

Liesbeth Fidder said...

Wow, wonderful !!

Helen said...

Stunning! I love the idea behind this and the execution of your project is just amazing. Off to check out your blog now!

Sid said...

Great altered bottle !!

Astrid Maclean said...

Fantastic creation Zuzu, absolutely LOVE it, we truly need to get together for a coffee one of these days....

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh, forgot to say, congrats on being guest designer here!!

Zuzu's Blog said...

thank you everyone. and yes Astrid.. how long have we been saying that LOL. we really should try and get together some time.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Absolutely fabulous piece, beautifully executed . Tracy x

SannaS said...

WWWWOOOOWWWW!!!! absolutely amazing creation!! LOVE it!!! =)
hugs, SannaS

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

This is absolutely stunning, and thank you for joining us :))

Zuzu's Blog said...

My pleasure Jennie... thanks for asking me (Hels lol).. loving those little gents. will be using those stamps a fair few times I imagine.

Gillian .... said...

Love this altered bottle project, congrats on being GD this month, look forward to more projects. xx

Kathy Eddy said...

This is just amazing! What a gorgeous work of art! Very creative and unique.

hazel said...

This is fabulous. I love everything about it.
xxx Hazel.

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is very special. So imaginative,

Lucy x

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Such an amazing piece of altered art Louise! xx

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

this is completely amazing ! Love this altered bottle