Wednesday 28 September 2011

Magical story book box. By Zuzu

Hello again. I (Zuzu) am here for my last Design team piece as guest designer for September. I loved it as guest designer seems to make me feel I need to try and pull all the stops out as a thank you for the trillions of Stamps Jennie sent me. So here I have an ongoing project that I started a couple of months ago when Hels first offered me the guest designer spot.

It's a box type cupboard that was filled with little hard back books. I altered the box and am in the process of altering the little books that go inside. I am showing you the parts that involve stamps from "The Artistic Stamper".


Here is the box front, very "secret Garden" and mystical. As the box was full of books I am keeping to a fairy tale and book theme on the outside too. Time because stories are timeless. We can see a fairy on the front, Tinkerbelle from "Peter Pan" perhaps, as well as the "secret garden", there is an ancient Egyptian beetle crawling across it as I was always interested in adventures from far off lands, especially Egypt; there is a swallow from "Swallows and Amazons".

On one side I have featured Alice in wonderland (Using the Mabel Lucie Attwell Alice in Wonderland stamps).

I wont go on about the outside and get on to showing you the inside as this is where the little books are that I've altered with Artistic Stamper Stamps...When you open the door and look inside there are more cogs, lots of rust and some stamping on the edges of the cupboard shelves (Using the Tick Tock plate).

Each of my wee books has its own theme, each called "the little book of...." and its theme added. Previously I did "The little Book Of Egypt" and "The Little Book Of Insects"... Today I am showing you "The Little book of time" and "The Little Book Of Childhood"....

Here is The Little book of Time:


And here is the Little Book of Childhood.

List of Items used from The Artistic Stamper.

Stamps used from the steampunk section HERE.

Phineas Pinchbeck
Goose Grease
Tick Tock

Stamps used from the Mabel Lucie Attwell section HERE.

Mad Hatters Tea Party
White Rabit

Other Stamps used.

Music Background HERE
Childhood Dreams HERE
Our Little one's HERE

From the Tim Holtz Ideaology range HERE
gears,
little bottles,
game spinners
locket key
Link
Watch and cog metal disc charm, and crown charm; HERE

Inks used were ;

Stazon (jet black)
distress inks (I used 7 different shades)
Gleam wax polish (gold tones)

That's all folks. My guest month is over. Thank you for your support and kind comments. and Thanks to Jennie and Hels for having me :)
Z x

25 comments:

Elly said...

I am still scrolling up and down, up and down, up and down...i am speachless..it's just fantastic!!
Elly

Zuzu's Blog said...

thank you Elly x

Vicky said...

Such gorgeous colours & textures, so many details to take in, beautiful project Zuzu, T4S :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love all of your wonderful hard work! I just want to investigate each and every beautiful inch!

craftytrog said...

Fastastic project Zuzu, I love all the little details you've included, & how you used Jennie's stamps! You're so inspiring, off for another look!
Alison xx

Neil said...

utterly fabulous book. I love all the amazing details. Thanks for sharing.

KatzElbows said...

I'm almost speechless. This is mindblowingly awesome.

Helen said...

FAB!!!!

Daniele said...

OMG......

Astrid Maclean said...

This is soo cool! All the detail is amazing!

Sid said...

Briliant and how detailed !!

Lesley said...

Utterly gorgeous!!! I'm completely blown away. Keep going back and looking!!!
Lesley

Jacqueline said...

THAT is simply STUNNING!! Just WOW!!!!
Thank you so much for sharing. I am going for yet another look. (spent aaages drooling over it already)

Jackie x

Suze Bain said...

This is just stunning. What a huge amount of work you've put into this project. It's gorgeous. x

Kat said...

THIS IS AMAZING,
what more can I say,
Kat.

Gio said...

Zuzu', It's so georgeous!

Artyjen said...

How fabulous! So cool ;) It's been great seeing your artistry
xoxo Sioux

Jingle said...

Wow! This is absolutely fabulous!

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

oh wow ! this is just AMAZING !!!! I love it !

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a very very great steampunk creation...gorgeous artwork!

greetings, Alie :-)

Alison Horne said...

Absolutely stunnung, want to make one RIGHT NOW.xx

Ephemera said...

OMG this is awesome (rarely use this word, but perfectly sums up this masterpiece) fantastic textures and colours off to have a more detailed look now. XX

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Zuzu, al I can say it STUNNING, and it has been a pleasure having you on the team this month!
Thank you
xx

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

Fan tas tic no need to say any more :-)

Fuchsia said...

Absolutely gorgeously stunning so much work in a little space !