Sunday 25 September 2011

FREE AS A BIRD TAG

Hi all,
Kat here,
I'm here today with my third & final piece for the month,
the design team focus is on Tissue Tape
I got so involved with playing with the distress stains
I forgot to take any step by step pictures, so I will talk you through the proses.
Here's my tag,

I started by gluing torn bits of book page to the tag with
Matte Medium & brushing the medium randomly
over the whole tag to create a resist,
then with pale blue acrylic paint,
splodged onto my craft sheet,
I dipped the Small Cog Stamp into it & stamped it on the tag,
next I took tumbled glass & bundled sage Distress Stains
covered the whole tag & wiped off the excess straight away,


with Jet Black archival ink, I stamped the
I added a strip of Tissue Tape near the bottom edge,
then took ten seconds studio copper metal & tools,
stamped the cogs & the phrase as shown
to make a couple of embellishments, & stuck them on.


the Tissue Tape bow was made by
pulling some off the roll & twisting it to make a strand,
I arranged it into a bow & tied it with string,
I added it to the top of the tag & glued a
vintage button to the center.


for the bird,
I die cut him, ran him through a cuttle bug
with a texture fade embossing folder,
then inked him up with vintage photo Distress Ink
added an eye with black enamel,
the wing is made with black UTEE
& rubbed over with inka gold
I gave him a crown for his head &
drew a branch for him to sit on.


That's it,
Hope you like him!

see you next month,
have a creative day,
Kat x.

10 comments:

Artyjen said...

He's a very nice birdie! Super tag Kat ;)
xoxo Sioux

Sid said...

Fab tag !!

Inkypinkycraft said...

What a great tag,, I love birds and this one is fab! Trace x

craftytrog said...

He's gorgeous Kat!! Great tag! xx

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

This is beautiful kat. Love it so much. Very nice and beautiful details and a beautiful and lovely bird.
Nice Sunday and lovely greet
Marja

Helen said...

Love this Kat - the bird is fabulous.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Just a wonderful tag, love the embossed bird.

Kathy Eddy said...

This is a smashing tag! I love your bird and your background and that tissue tape bow is to die for cool.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Beautiful tag, I love the bird.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

How wonderful! :-)

greetings, Alie