Friday 16 September 2011

Autumn Jigsaw Piece by Alison Hall

Hello Stampers! This week I have altered a jumbo jigsaw piece. It was originally part of a Tweenies puzzle I bought in a charity shop.

First I covered the whole of the back of the jigsaw piece with tissue tape, which is currently on special offer HERE. Then I inked the tape with alcohol inks. I used butterscotch, terra cotta & red pepper. I stamped the Bare Tree twice, using black Archival Ink.

I stamped the leaf, from Tick Tock Flowers, three times on book paper, then cut them out & layered them on the bottom right of the jigsaw piece, with some skeleton leaves.



To make the flower, I cut out a piece of sticky back aluminium sheet, 4x2 inches, inked it with the same alcohol inks as before, peeled off the backing paper & stuck it to some black card, the same size. I stamped the small Tick Tock Flower twice, using Black Stazon, then cut them out, leaving a small border around them, about 1mm. I used a metal tool to emboss the cogs on the flowers, & a wheel tool to edge the flowers. Then I curled the petals, layered them together with a Tim Holtz sprocket gear & long fastener, & glued the flower on top of the leaves.

Finally, I stamped AUTUMN from the Greetings & Words plate, on a piece of alcohol-inked glossy card, edged it with black Archival ink, & attached it to the jigsaw piece with 2 Long Fasteners.

Thanks for looking,
Alison xx

11 comments:

Minxy said...

Super project, love the flower :D

Yvonne said...

Wonderful project Alison! Beautiful colours, great layout, and I LOVE your flower!
Greetings from Yvon

Helen said...

Brilliant, Alison - love the tick tock leaves, what a great embellishment they make.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fantastic jigsaw piece, the flowers looks fabulous.

Sid said...

Great flower Ali !!

Alison Horne said...

Fantastic idea to alter the jigsaw piece and a beautiful alteration, especially the flower.x

Sue said...

This is beautiful Alison, I love your flower and leaves, brilliant ideal to use a jigsaw piece x

Gabrielle said...

Right! Am off this weekend to look for old Tweenies jigsaws (bet I have to put it together before altering it!!!) This is a fab idea and the flower is lush!

Inkypinkycraft said...

Cool, I have some large jigsaw pieces that may get an airing now, thanks .great flower trace x

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is great, Alison!

Lucy x

hazel said...

A fabulous piece Alison.
xxx Hazel.