Wednesday 24 August 2011

Tick Tock by Alison Hall

Hello Stampers! I'm back with my final piece for August. I had a lot of fun with this card, I can tell you! It has a bit of a manly theme going on, so it fits nicely with the August Challenge of Macho Men. There's still a few more days to join in! I also used Core'dinations paper, which is on special offer this month HERE.


Here's how I made my card...

Using a deckle-edged metal ruler, I tore a 5.5 inch square of peeled painted Distress Core'dinations paper. Next, I thinned down some Claudine Helmuth traditional tan Studio paint with a spritz of water, & applied a wash across my paper. I sanded over the edges with a sanding grip to give a distressed look.

I used vintage photo distress ink to stamp the Winged Wheel over my background. I stamped Phineas Pinchbeck on the left, using archival black ink, then, using the same ink, carefully stamped the empty Inspiration Jar over the top of Phineas. I coloured this in, using peeled paint & vintage photo distress inks, dried it with my heat tool, then covered the jar with a layer of glossy accents.


Whilst the glossy accents was drying, I stamped some pocket watches from the Time & Keys plate onto the clear side of some frosted shrink plastic, cut them out, then shrank them with my heat tool. Next I stamped the words Tick Tock onto white card, using the large & small scrabble tiles from the Scrabble & Tags plate. I cut out the words, then inked them with vintage photo distress ink.

Going back to my now dry background, I smeared bead gel around the edges, using my fingers. You can use a palette knife if you wish! Once this had dried, I applied lava green Inka Gold to highlight the little beads. Told you I had fun!


Finally, I glued the words & watches to my background, attached it to a square card blank, then inked the edges of the card with more vintage photo distress ink.

Thanks for looking!
Alison xx

13 comments:

Helen said...

Love this, Alison! May have to get some of the paper...!

shirley said...

Fabulous work Alison!
Love the tick tock clocks :)

hazel said...

Fabulous piece Alison.
xxx Hazel.

Artyjen said...

Love the tick tocks and your bottled man! LOL
Great card
xoxo Sioux

Gisèle said...

Alison, this is fabulous...
love the clocks and that bottled up man...LOL

Jingle said...

This is just fantastic! I love it!

Lori said...

Awesome! Love it!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great idea and fabulous piece.

donna said...

Awesome card Alison..Donna

Dragon said...

Love this one... fab stamp in the bottle!!!
Frankie
xx

Candy C said...

Alison, your card is darling! I love all the details. The man in the bottle is really cool...lots of character! It's all just fabulous! <3 Candy

Minxy said...

super card sweetie, loving the bead gel edges

Kat said...

oooh, this is such a cool card,
love the colours,the beads, the stamps you used, oh do you know what I love every thing about it!
well done on this one Alison,
Kat.