Friday 13 April 2018

Bee-utiful Day by Lesley Mackenzie

Hi All, For This months challenge of ''Birds and Bees'' I have created an Art Journal page.

 I have used Paper Artsy Acrylic Paints for the background and the following Artistic Stamper stamp sets :
Honeycomb Background and Free Bees -
Small But Beautiful Birds

Step 1:

Using a roller I applied paints to create the background. I then stamped on the green area using the Honeycomb Background stamp in green ink. I then stamped and embossed the birds in white in the sky. Using a white pencil I outlined a free hand flower.

 Step 2:
I filled in the flower with white gesso and when dry painted the flower detail. I applied the thickly to give he flower definition and texture , and blended the colours while they were still wet.
 Step 3:
I decided the background needed more white embossed birds. I also stamped and embossed in black 2 bees. I stamped and embossed  2 more bees onto white card and coloured them adding clear glitter to the wings. I cut them but only the bodies and wings then stuck them over the stamped images on the main page. I then created highlighted and doodled on the flower, gave dimension to the images by adding shadowing under the birds, bees and flower. Finally I added hand written text and a doodled border.


The stamps used this month are very versatile and if you would like to check out The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge on Facebook you will see I created a set of 6 ATCs using distress Oxides for the backgrounds.


No comments: