Friday 29 July 2016

Love Butterfly card by Gemma


Hello Everyone

It is really, really hot as I am writing up this post, I hope to be out later enjoying the sun.
I have made this bright card using lots of white space to help the colours pop.


I cut a sheet of white card to fit the card blank and covered it with gesso. Once it was dry I placed the  honeycomb mask over the top and sponged through a very small amount of Fossilised Amber Distress Ink. Then moving the mask around I sprayed Cherry Pie Dylusion Spray over the top. Because of the layer of gesso the spray and ink have been slightly absorbed and muted.


On my craft mat I mixed small amounts of Paperartsy Granny Smith, Banana and London Bus paints with water and using a small round paint brush I flicked the different colours of paint over the top. I then edged the card with Distress Ink and ripped pieces of three different washi tapes into strips and glued then in place.


On a separate sheet of card I stamped out three Butterfly's  and coloured them in with Aqua pens. Before cutting them out and gluing them in place on the card.


To finish I added the word Love from the word mask using black paint.

Thank you for reading
Gemma



4 comments:

Sid said...

Great card, love the overall effect !

Ellen said...

Lovely! Thanks for the inspiration!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Very pretty x

Gemma Hynes said...

Thank you for your lovely comments x