Saturday 16 July 2016

Butterfly 3D frame by Gemma

 Hello everyone

I have a bit of a butterfly theme going on this month. For this post I decorated a 3D frame that measured 20 x 20 cms.


To start I coated the frame in a white paint to prime it.  Then I put some Fresh Lime, Dylusion paint and basic florescent green acrylic on my craft mat.  I applied the different paints to the frame blending them together as I went. It took two coats to cover the frame.


Once dry I applied some grunge paste through the Random Dots mask  and some gilding wax along the inside edges of the frame, once the grunge paste was dry I also brushed gilding wax over the paste.


On sheets of acetate I stamped out butterfly's and columns from the architecture plate, and butterfly plate


Using my fingers so the paint was applied fairly thickly I applied Titan Buff and different shades of grey acrylic to the backs of the columns. When cutting the pieces out, I had to remember to leave tabs so they could be glued in place on the frame. 


On the back of the acetate sheet with the butterfly's I sprayed different ink sprays including cherry pie and lemon zest Dylusion sprays.


Gluing the pieces into the frame was very fiddly and I ended up making little stands from acetate to prop everything up.


I then added a strip of green paper along the bottom to represent grass and some die cut swirls from patterned paper.



I then stamped the same butterfly's onto card stock and coloured them in with pens, gluing the acetate butterfly's over the top. Then I just had to glue them into place on the frame.








Please take a look at this months challenge- All Things Bright and Beautiful, here on the blog and on the Facebook page. There is still plenty of time to enter for your change to win some lovely stamps.

Thank you for reading
Gemma

2 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

So pretty it looks...love the 3 D shadow box look
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Sid said...

Love your colours on this frame !