Friday 29 April 2016

Dancer Tag by Gemma

 Hello Everyone

I wanted to share this fun tag with you today, using Distress ink and embossing powders.


I blended three different distress inks over a piece of card and then stamped over the top with the same colours using calligraphy mat 4. As I was heat embossing on this, I had to make sure it was completely dry. Once it was, I stamped and heat embossed a circle from the decay journalling  stamp plate.  I then stamped a dancer above that and heat embossed two Flourish Ornate 1 flourishes behind her (every time I look at the new flourish ornate stamps, I see wings).


 On a tag from my stash I blended the same distress inks that I used before, this time sprinkling water on top, so it reacted to the ink. I then stamped over that using calligraphy mat 4, I only re- inked the stamped every few times as I wanted some of the text to be lighter in colour.


I then ripped the card into bits and glued them onto the tag.


On the opposite side of the tag I stamped the swirl/circle from the decay set twice. On kraft card I stamped one of the dancers and heat embossed her with white embossing powder. Once I had cut her out I stamped the same calligraphy mat I had used on the background inside the image and glued her to the tag.


To finish I cut the words you are important from book paper which I glued into place and added some ribbon to the top.




Everyone's comments and challenge participation is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for reading
Gemma (inkykittty)

4 comments:

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful background and lovely tag, Gemma

Sid said...

Beautifully designed tag !

Gemma Hynes said...

Thank you Shilpa

Gemma Hynes said...

Thank you Sid