Monday 29 February 2016

Hearts Canvas by Gemma

 Hi Everyone

February is over and it is my last chance to use as many hearts as I possibly can for another year. So this time I painted a 12x12 inches square canvas.


After covering the canvas with gesso, I painted the whole canvas with two different shades of green fresco finish paint. I used Teresa Green and Granny Smith. I then stamped over top with the darker shade of green (Granny Smith) using  Calligraphy mat 11. When I was stamping I made sure to cover the whole canvas but stamped two or three time before applying more paint to the stamp as I wanted some areas to be more faded than others.



 I used both Haystack and Chalk fresco finish paints and the dots from the swirls, splats and dots plate, to add the circles to the canvas. I love how imperfect they are, areas where you can see the paint has splodges or areas that were missed.  


The hearts are wooden and just something I had floating about in the crafty stash. I covered them with gesso and then with the Haystack fresco finish paint. I really should have added a second layer of gesso because as time has gone on I have noticed areas where the wood is still visible. Then I stamped on the top of them using Tango fresco finish and the dots background stamp.
.


After edging the hearts with the same Tango paint I glued them in place using Cosmic shimmer acrylic glue. Then with a black stabilo pencil I added a boarder, some stems and some grass, so the hearts are a little like flowers. To finish I added the word love from the words mask.


Thank you for reading, taking part in the challenges and commenting. Me and my Team mates really appreciate it.

Gemma (inkykitty)



3 comments:

lorraine (classylady) said...

This is a great canvas love your colours and the textures you used.

lorraine (classylady) said...

This is a great canvas love your colours and the textures you used.

sarascloset said...

Gorgeous background on your whimsical heart canvas! and I love your colors!