Thursday 29 October 2015

Poe Inspired Tag by Gemma

Hi All

 I made a tag based (very loosely) on a Poem by Edger Allen Poe called The Raven. The quote I have taken from the Poems is "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing".



I used a giant manilla tag, for this piece. I painted over the whole tag with white, black and paynes grey acrylic. Adding more white paint to the centre and more black and paynes grey paint to the edges. I then put some card through a Sizzix Frameworks die and painted it black. While that was drying I looked in the scrap paper box for some suitable scraps which I scrapped some Gesso over before glueing into place behind the die cut. This was then cut into smaller sections and glued to the tag.


On tissue paper I stamped out the large bird from the Fly stamp set,dabbed some black and orange paint onto the waste from the diecuts and glued that in place. I then stamped around the edges with cogs from the Tick Tock stamp set. On a piece of book paper I stamped the large light bulb and the small bird from the Fly stamp set. Once I had cut that out and glued it in place I went around the edges with a black paint pen, also painting a line to the top of the tag so the light bulb looked as if it was hanging. I then filled the light bulb with glossy accents.


To finish I stamped out the words onto book paper, glued them in place, and edged then in parts with a black pen.

Thank you for reading, all of your comments are really appreciated.
Gemma (inkykitty)


2 comments:

Artyjen said...

Great use of the light bulb image and fits really well with the quote too.
xoxo Sioux

Cazzy said...

Great quote, I didn't know it. It really goes well on your tag and with the bulb.