Thursday 16 July 2015

Altered CD by Gemma Hynes

Hi All

So this is my very first post for The Artistic Stamper Creative team. I was honoured to be invited to create along side such a  talented group of people and needless to say there was a lot of jumping around when I got home and shared the news with my partner.


I have always loved music and have collected just a few CDs, Recently I started to add them all to the laptop. Leaving me with lots of now useless disk's, that I could not possibly just put in the bin. So after some very good suggestions from people, I decided to paint them.


 To start I coated them with a layer of Gesso. Over that I used Dylusion's Squeezed Orange and Fresh Lime paints which I applied with a brayer. Using Squeezed Orange  I stamped over the top with the Grid Background



On a stamping block I arranged all the words from the Dance stamp set and stamped over the CD repeatedly to cover the whole disk. I heat embossed this using a clear embossing powder.


On a small piece of card that I had painted earlier with the left over orange paint. I stamped the Dots background in a couple of places, after I stamped the clock face twice to cover the hole in the disk both sides of the CD. To finish off I stamped and embossed the dancer from the dance stamp set and doodled with both a black and white pens.

Thanks for reading,
Gem (inkykitty) xxx





6 comments:

Sid said...

Great decoration !!

Sid said...

Great decoration !!

SD pooja said...

Beautiful way to use up old CDs..I have bunch of them and your art piece has inspired me to try something on them ,Thanks !I loved the words on bg and the dancing lady looks fab on bright colors !

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

This is Brilliant love the citrus colours what a great idea for those old CD's x

Jackie PN said...

This turned out beautiful!! brilliant really!! Thanks for sharing and welcome to the team, Gemma!!

Words and Pictures said...

Love your altered CD - perfect for the jumping and dancing when you heard the news. Congrats on joining the team.
Alison x