Tuesday 26 August 2014

For all of your Truckin Needs by Astrid

Hi everyone, thanks for dropping in. This is Astrid with my second August project.
Life has been a bit like a truck for me just lately, and I needed a project that was quick and easy, well this wonderful new Debbie Cotton stamp came to the rescue, - a quick and easy card.
The card is a large 7 x 7" card, so this is a pretty big stamp. I stamped it in Jet Black Archival ink and then clear embossed it.
Next I cut myself a couple of masks from some scraps of card:
I then started on a first layer of colour using Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs and Stormy Sky Distress inks.
At first I had thought to keep it all quite neutral and masculine, but then I felt that the sky (and clouds) looked rather weird, so decided to add more colour to the truck to distract from it.
I used some water colours and water soluble coloured pencils to further colour the image and also added some hand drawn grasses and tried to do some more work on the sky to make it look slightly better. This is what it looked like then:
I mounted it on two layers of craft card and then created some autumnal embellishments with the help of some of the fabulous Katie Leitch Leaves Stamps, stamped, coloured and then fussycut. I also added a few die-cuts and berries from my stash.
Well, there you have it.... life sometimes runs in the fast lane and if you are in need of a quick project, these fabulous new stamps certainly come to the rescue.
Thanks for visiting today and see you next time!

27 comments:

Paper Profusion said...

Beautifully autumnal and rustic Astrid. Your masking has worked a treat. Nicola x

Paper Profusion said...

Beautifully autumnal and rustic Astrid. Your masking has worked a treat. Nicola x

Mary Elizabeth said...

Oh this is gorgeous! Love the masking you did. Those stamps ... I can almost feel the cool fall evening chill in the air. Gorgous colors and I adore that truck! Thanks for sharing this with us Astrid -- Mary Elizabeth

Krisha said...

Fantastic masculine card, LOVE IT!

Anneke said...

Love it Astrid. Thanks for the explanation Anneke.

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Fantastic card, Astrid. Love the coloring technique you shared here. And great quote too

Helen said...

What a great card, Astrid - love the truck and the leaves you added to the corners.

Rita said...

Wonderful card Astrid. What man would not enjoy having this one. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

crafty creations said...

Brilliant card Astrid - love how you did the sky and those stamps are fantastic

Hilda x

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my this is amazing ... I love what you did ... it even looked gorgeous before you coloured the image ... Brilliant!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Such a stunning card Astrid...!
greetings, Alie

Redanne said...

I LOVE the sky you created and that truck is just superb, I have added it to my wish list now! Anne xx

rachel said...

i love that truck astrid and the scene u created is fabulous. brilliant make xx

massofhair said...

Fabulous card, loving all the warm autumnal colours :-) xxx

c.szyba said...

Gogeous masculine card,
bye from France
Pitchoune

May said...

Gorgeous male card Astrid, The colours are so beautiful...the inky techniques are fabulous....Hugs May x x

Cocofolies said...

Really gorgeous and super cute with this adorable pig :) thanks fort sharing Astrid, I love jour card. Coco xx

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

WONDERFUL, I love the composition and the colors, that's a gorgeous combination of stamping and coloring!
Husg Anja

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! Great card Astrid. Wonderful colours.
Extremely lucky recipient.I LOVE IT! Karen.x

Anonymous said...

Terrific card with a lovely autumnal feel to it. I love the sky, it looks great.

froebelsternchen said...

This is such a great piece Astrid -
AMAZING!

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Love the autumn colours, the truck looks amazing against the background you have created. Dee x

Sandy said...

This would be perfect for me way back up in the mountains of Western North Carolina - I am what you call a red neck!
Sandy xx

Terry said...

Gorgeous Autumn feel with such a great masculine touch! Love that pickup truck, love it! I think adding the reddish color to the truck is absolute brilliance and stands out so nicely! Love this card!

Words and Pictures said...

Such a cool vintage industrial look - I love that bold red amidst the autumnal shades... fantastic!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

You created the most perfect scene for this truck - a beautiful card.
Wishes
Lynne

craftytrog said...

Absolutely gorgeous Astrid! xxx