Hello Everyone! I have a mini canvas to share with you today.
The canvas I used is slightly bigger than ATC size, about 10 x 7 cm.
Here are the ingredients...
Fresco Finish Paint - Beach Hut, Limelight, Lilac
Archival Ink - Jet Black
Distress Ink - Black Soot
Scraps of old music sheet or book paper
Tim Holtz Ideaology Chit chat Stickers
And here's the instructions...
1. Use Glue 'n Seal Matt to glue some scraps of music sheet or book paper to the canvas, then prep the canvas, front & sides, by applying gesso with a palette knife.
2. When the gesso is dry, use the Lacy Border & Calligraphic Mat 15, and Black Archival to stamp a background, not forgetting the sides. I didn't bother using a stamping block. There's no need to be too perfect, as most of it will be covered by paint.
3. Use the palette knife to apply the beach hut paint down the right-hand side & over the edges. Dry this, then apply some lilac top right. When this is dry, add some beach hut over the lilac, & fill in any gaps with limelight paint, but leave a few bits of white showing.
4. When the paint is all dry, stamp the diamond border bottom right & top left, as per the finished canvas.
5. Stamp the Gibson Girl onto white card with black archival ink, then cut her out. Use glue 'n seal to adhere her, 'standing' on the diamond border.
6. Ink the Chit Chat stickers with black soot distress ink, adhere them to the canvas, then paint a layer of glue 'n seal over the front of the canvas to seal everything.
7. To finish, use the palette knife to scrape a little limelight paint over the words & diamond borders, to bed them on the canvas.
Here's my canvas again, hope it inspires you...
Thanks for visiting,