Friday 18 October 2013

"Thinking of you...." Tag By Zuzu.

 
Hello... Zuzu here:
Well as I got my first ever die cutting machine (BigShot) at the beginning of this month, I HAD to do something that involved cutting out with my one and only die (so far). So I have made a tag that features a large flower and leaves.

Firstly I inked a large buff tag using distress stains and inks. I used Antique linen, vintage photo, peeled paint and worn lipstick. I applied the ink randomly using a blending tool. then i stamped on the Katy Fox  "postcard" stamp in black archival ink. next i used the new  Leaf background stamp. I used peeled paint distress ink and stamped over the full tag.

I cut out my "Tattered floral" flowers out of card and used the large broad petalled flower. I inked them with worn lipstick, fired brick and vintage photo . I cut out four of them, cutting sections out of the inner layers to make them easier to fold in to a cone shape... Tim Holtz has a tutorial on his blog that shows you what to do (his example is with a different die cut but the principal is the same.) you can find his step by step HERE.  once it was assembled i sprayed over it with Heirloom Gold perfect pearls mist. I also cut out some leaves (Astrid was visiting and had brought lots of dies for me to try out) and inked them.
Next i inked some plain card using worn lipstick, fired brick and vintage photo on enough card to stamp out my words "Thinking of you" and to make a backing mat for the main image... and I also inked a piece of card with just a light touch of peeled paint and vintage photo to print out my collage lady stamp... I used my paper distresser tool on all the edges (including the tag), then assembled all the pieces. The ribbon is a bit of calico i ripped off and inked with "pesto" alcohol ink. you dont need much if you add it to a touch of blending solution in a saucer and dip the fabric in to it till it soaks it up.
See you in a couple of weeks. 
Z x

10 comments:

Wee Von said...

Love your tag! It is beautiful with all the colors of distress ink.

Sid said...

Lovely arty tag !

Paula Whittaker said...

loving the autumnal colours you've used for this piece.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tag, I love the colours.

Artyjen said...

Pretty distress colour combo ;) looks so good on your fabby tag...just love the flower too.
xoxo Sioux

Corrie Herriman said...

Great tag ! Love the autumnal colours.

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning Louise!! Love how you put the flower together and you certainly are making great use of your dies!!!

Wendy said...

I love this tag! gorgeous colours and fab design. xx

craftytrog said...

That flower is gorgeous Zuzu! Beautiful tag! xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Glorious flower, and wonderful glowing autumnal colours... there'll be no stopping you with the dies now!!
Alison xx