Friday 9 August 2013

Blooming Art Canvas by Alison (Craftytrog)

Hello Stampers! I'm here again, to share a canvas with you today.


I used a 7x5 inch canvas board, which I first prepped with Studio Gesso.
Next, I added some scraps of book paper, & stamped the flourish from the Flourish Swirls A5 Plate, using Sepia Archival Ink.


Then I used a brayer to apply Aqua & Pool Paint Dabber. Just enough to cover the canvas, without obliterating my stamped swirls.
I stenciled some hexagons, using Pool Paint Dabber, & some DecoArt warm white paint.


I randomly stamped the script from Caligraphic Mat 11 with Sepia Archival, & the Mini Lattice Wire with Teal Archival.
Then I stamped the stems(3), flowers(3) & words from the Flower Blooms A6 Plate, using Sepia Archival. I cut them all out, edged the words with Sepia, & glued them to the canvas with Studio Matt Medium. I applied Matt Medium all over the canvas, but brushed lightly so I didn't smudge the background stamping.
I finished my canvas by inking the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, & adding some turquoise buttons & a gem.


Thanks for looking,
Alison xxx

10 comments:

Helen said...

Great canvas, Alison.

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful.

Unknown said...


Très belle réalisation
bravo Alison*
monique

Anonymous said...

Nice...seeing the whole piece and my favorite colors, beautiful. xox

Julie Lee said...

I love the way the buttons pick up the colour of the canvas. Brown and blue just look terrific together too. Love this canvas: clour combo, composition - everything sings! Julie Ann xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and full of fun and joy - really like those flowers.
Wishes
Lynne

Words and Pictures said...

This is lovely... and great to see how those layers built up!
Alison x

Astrid Maclean said...

Fab step by step, wonderful layering and a fantastic arty end result,- love it!!

hazel said...

A fabulous canvas Alison.
xxx Hazel.

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Great step by step ! thanks for sharing !