Tuesday 1 January 2013

January Challenge ~ Your Favourite Stamp

Hello, and welcome to 2013 and I can't think of any better way of starting this new year than with a brand new exciting challenge!!

Thank you so much for all your wonderful entries for December. As always, we had so many fabulous creative pieces from you all and we will be announcing one very lucky winner in the next few days, so make sure you check back to see if it's you!!

During December, we had the pleasure of having the very talented Mel Hookham join us as our Guest Designer and on behalf of the team, Jennie and I would like to say a big thank you to Mel, for all her hard work and for the stunning creations that she made and shared with us. 

The new challenge for January is all about your FAVOURITE STAMP and the whole team are all looking forward to seeing all the wonderful and varied creations that you submit. To join in with this challenge is simple; make a piece of artwork, making sure that you include the theme and some rubberstamping. Pop back here to link up using the Froggy at the bottom of this post, so that we can see what you've made and then, leave us a comment to let us know you have joined in with the challenge. As always, there will be candy for one randomly picked entrant - the winner will receive £15 worth of The Artistic Stamper stamps of your choice plus the Kling On to mount them onto. And don't forget....if you use Artistic Stamper stamps on your entry, you will entered into the draw, twice!!!!

If you do need any inspiration, then look no further than a couple of our Creative Team's stunning creations for this month's challenge.

This is the stamp I use on almost each of my creations, I like the spirit, love the police and the way it is designed. It has the exact size to be stamped on a tea bag (top center pic) or on a toilet paper roll (top left pic) to make a mini notebook. But it has its place on an art journal page as well, see the bottom picture... You may want to find it here : Journaling Words 3

I love The Artistic Stamper Collage Art images, and I used the lady from Collage Lady Elements, and some words from Collage Art 1, on a stampbord ATC. The images were stamped with Archival Inks in Sepia & Jet Black, then I triple embossed my ATC with clear ultra thick enamel. On the last layer, I sprinkled a little gold embossing enamel on the lady's hair and on a couple of edges. I finished my ATC off with a border of ruched lace, an Ideaology Trimmings bloom & an Accoutrements Button.

For my favourite stamp, how could I choose just one? So, I chose to use Papillon from Tim Holtz and the gorgeous blooms were made using another favourite, the Flower Power A6 plate. I stamped the script background from the Papillon stamp onto Kraft card and embossed it in white. I then stamped the butterflies from the set and water coloured them with Distress Markers and blended the edges of the card with Old Paper DI. I made the dimensional blooms from white paper, blended with Tumbled Glass and Frayed Burlap DI, then spritzed with Biscotti Perfect Pearls. I used the Branch and Leaf Movers and Shapers Die from Sizzix and added this to complete my artwork.
We hope you will join in with this month's challenge and we're really looking forward to seeing your interpretation of our theme and all your amazing creations and artwork. Please, don't forget to add a comment when you post your entry.

I hope you all have a happy and very creative month.
See you soon...
Emma x


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous creations! I'm with Emma, how can I choose just one favourite stamp??? But as one of my New Year resolutions is to take part in more challenges, I shall have a think & a rummage......

Anonymous said...

What an enticing challenge for a new year - the design team samples are beautiful, as ever. Let me first find my thinking cap ...

Barbara said...

I couldn't choose my absolute fave stamp, so I used a few favourites on one card...hope this is ok x

Redecórate con Lola Godoy said...

Very interesting and beautiful your blog, congratulations. Is fantastic. Kisses from Spain.

http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

Happy New Year.

Rosie said...

Sorry, but there not only one favorite stamp. I love all my stamps.

wonderful examples, Ladies

Ephemera said...

Mmm delicious design team inspiration. So difficult as I haves loads of favourites, but this B line stamp is definitely up their in my top ten. xx

Liz McGuire, said...

Gorgeous creation from the DT. I have chosen a firm favourite Penny Black,

Liz x

Paula Whittaker said...

wonderful DT work, as always!

My name is Cindy said...

One stamp? Oh dear, that is hard!! Lovely projects.

Irit Shalom said...

Entred my altered mini tray with all new stamps, but the camera is my favorite right now.

Двете елши said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rali said...

Hi, thanks for the great challenge, it was fun playing with my favourite stamps.

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

fab challenge thank you x

Debbie said...

My recent purchase of stamps I used on a canvas. Hard to pick just one!

Wishes
Debbie
^..^

Janny's Cards Creations said...

As always beautiful DT Cards. I like your blog. Janny