Sunday 1 April 2012

April Challenge ~ Ribbons And Lace

Hi everyone and welcome to our brand new challenge for April!

First of all we would like to thank you all, for the fabulous entries to last month's Travel challenge. We will be announcing the lucky winner in the next few days, so make sure you check back to see who it is.

Last month we had the pleasure of having the very talented Sue West join us as our Guest Designer and we would like to say a big thank you to Sue, for all the stunning creations that she shared with us. This month, we are welcoming the lovely Frankie Gaywood as our Guest Designer and we are so looking forward to seeing all of her wonderful artwork and creativity that she will be bring to the team.

The new challenge for this month is RIBBONS AND LACE. To join in with this challenge is simple; make a piece of artwork, include the theme and some rubberstamping, pop back here to link up using the Froggy at the bottom of this post, so that we can see what you've made and then, leave us a comment to let us know you have joined in. As ever there will be candy for one randomly picked entrant - £15 worth of The Artistic Stamper stamps of your choice plus the Kling On to mount them onto. And... if you use Artistic Stamper stamps on your entry, you will be entered twice into the draw! 

Before you start creating and if you need that little bit of inspiration ~  here are our Creative Team's stunning creations for this month's challenge.


Sue made an A4 size scrapbook page and used the lacy bordermarbled backgroundmini polka dots background and houndstooth background then finished it off with the word Beauty from the nudes A4 plate.

Alison made a card, using the little girl image from Childhood Dreams, & flowers & a saying from Botanical Plate 3.

For my piece, I made a tag and used a Manila tag blended with Shabby Shutters and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks. I used the Lace Background stamp, inked with Olive Archival Ink to stamp directly onto the tag and then added various Tim Holtz stamped images from the Haberdashery set, and Alterations Sewing Room die cut elements to the tag. I then die cut a dress form, using the Sewing Room die and embossed it with a Texture Fade. I painted the die cut with Adirondack Gold Metallic Paint Dabber and then brushed the raised areas with a Versamark Ink pad and embossed with silver embossing powder. I finally added some ribbons to complete my piece and the computer generated text.

We're really looking forward to seeing your interpretation of our theme and all your amazing creations and artwork in the challenge this month and please, don't forget to add a comment when you post your entry.

That's about it from me for today...thank you for looking and I hope you all have a happy and very creative month.
Emma x



25 comments:

Helen said...

Great work from all the DT!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous DT projects, I love the dress form tag. Off to find my thinking cap.........

Janny Jager said...

What a beautiful cards and tag
Love them all

Greetings Janny

Debbie said...

Awesome DT artwork! Great challenge!
Debbie
^..^

...the yorkshire fox... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
...the yorkshire fox... said...

...amazing work and great inspiration...Mel :)

Kate Yetter said...

Wonderful examples from the DT!!!

craft-roomjulia said...

Inspitational DT projects, love your challenge. Julia

Jacqueline said...

some gorgeous pieces from the Design team as usual!

Thanks for sharing everyone,

Jackie x

craft-roomjulia said...

The DT pieces are so inspirational I have entered again lol.

Handmade Hannah said...

Great challenge and lovely DT work!

Meggymay said...

Fantastic inspiring projects DT. I realy enjoyed making my entry.
Yvonne

Kelly said...

Thanks for the challenge!

Annie said...

Love the creations by the design team. I had great fun creating my piece too. Hope you like it. Happy Easter.........Annie x

Elaine said...

Lovely samples using lace especially like Alison's vintagey yellow one!!

Dawn Louise said...

Love the design team work, certainly helped get the creative ideas going, so thank you, I have entered the challenge, many thanks dawn louise

Jenny Marples said...

Love Emma's take on this theme. So much detail and yet it looks so controlled and balanced. Just beautiful. Have linked my entry. Hugs, Buttons x

Julia S-W said...

Finally got my piece finished! Lovely DT work. Thanks for the challenge!
Julia

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue said...

Lovely work from the DT, thanks for the challenge.

Daniele said...

lots of inspirational projects this month, great challenge
hugs

hazel said...

Lovely DT work, lot's of inspiration. I've just added my card.
xxx Hazel.

anna christensen crafts said...

Glorious inspiration from the DT examples, it's so nice to be inspired by the different things that people can do with similar materials xx

Dawn Louise said...

I've changed my blog since I entered and the link doesn't work now. can it be deleted and I'll re link it pl? many thanks, dawn Louise

Maggie said...

Love this challenge so much I have just linked again with a tag! Hope this is ok...this is so much up my street!! :-)

Maggie