Saturday 25 February 2012

Domino Pendant by Alison

Hello Everyone. This week I decided to alter one of The Artistic Stamper's Bamboo Dominoes, & make it into a pendant.


I started by adding a couple of coats of Studio Gesso to the Bamboo Domino. Then I used purple twilight & sailboat blue alcohol inks to colour it. I stamped the little flourish from the Nature Is Art Plate, with jet black Stazon, then clear embossed the whole domino twice.

I inserted a couple of lengths of silver wire, I think mine was 24 gauge, through the holes on the domino.


I added some silver tube beads as shown. This was a little bit tricky, & I used jewellery pliers to pull the wire through.


I then twisted the ends of the wire a couple of times, inserted one end through a crystal bead, & wrapped the other wire around the bead. I twisted the wires together, then used round-nosed pliers to make a loop, wrapping the end back around the loop. When closing the ends around the loop, take care not to crush your crystal bead with the pliers, like I managed to do on one end! Lol!


I used extra strong glue to attach a tiny metal Foliage flower, then coloured a pearl bead with purple alcohol ink & glued it to the centre.
Finally, I added some silver jump rings, an Ideaology Chain Tassel, some black cord & fastenings.


I hope you like my pendant, thanks for looking!
Alison xox












20 comments:

Jacqueline said...

oh wow!! I love that!! I have those dominoes too. I KNEW there was a way to use them in jewellery but just wasn't sure how to do it!! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful pendant with us.

Jackie x

Dee in N.H. said...

OMG! That's gorgeous!! I have some that I wasn't quite sure what to do with and this is brilliant! TFS!

Minxy said...

This is just beautiful x

Netty said...

This is beautiful and never realised the dominos had holes in, perfect.

Marjie Kemper said...

Alison, it is fabulous! Love the rich color and the hanging bling... what a gorgeous pendant!

Chris Arlington said...

Beautiful Alison ! I love the color too.

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...a gorgeous piece of contemporary jewellry and such a stunning colour...Mel :)

Von said...

Stunning piece Alison :) I do believe I have some of those somewhere ;)
Von xxx

Janny Jager said...

Very very beautiful and lovely colors

Greetings Janny

Joanne said...

Wow, I would wear that, it's beautiful.
Hugs Joanne xx

Angie said...

Saw the peek ...couldn't imagine how it was a domino ...had to find out ...WOW. That is a beautiful piece of work ...loved to see the stages of the journey ...one of the best altered pieces of jewlery I have ever seen. It is a clever and stylish creation ...what makes you think that I LOVE it xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A breathtaking piece.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Good grief, that's GORGEOUS!!!!!

Ruby Craft said...

So Beautiful. Great instructions.

Artyjen said...

'Tis Gorgeous :)
xoxo Sioux

Sid said...

That's fab Alison !

hazel said...

Absolutely fabulous Alison, I love it.
xxx Hazel.

Anonymous said...

A statement piece of jewellery from you Alison.
Wishes
Lynne

Emma Williams said...

Wow!! This is just beautiful...wonderful work Alison! xx

Gwen said...

This is very beautiful....I am drooling over it.
xx