Saturday 23 April 2011

April Flowers...

or should that be April showers? I hope not , as I am loving the warm weather we are having this month here in the UK! I decided that this blog post I would join in with The Artistic Stamper challenge, which is layering. Is there any project or card that you make without layering? Not often...
Here I have taken the Umbrella Man, cut out of the new Kraft Resist paper, and lightly distress inked it.  I filled his brolly with flowers,( from my own stash) which have been coloured with Wild Honey Distress Stain. Add a crown from the new charms ( steampunk...be still my beating heart!!!), and layer him onto a tag cut out from the new Crowded Attic paper stash. Believe it or not that gorgeous colour is the back of one of the sheets...turn them over they are gorgeous muted colours! I lightly stamped one of the calligraphy mats with wild honey distress ink. Add a word or two from the girl's paperie sticker pad, and some vintage distress stained ribbon.
The Kraft Resist Tag envelope has been distress stained, and run through the new Texture Fades Stitches embossing folders...(oh am I in lurve with these!)


Now , for those of you who like to shop...we have an offer in the shop this weekend... all orders will get a free stamp, and 10% off! All you need is the code easterbunny , and pop it into the discount code box....
Have a very Happy and Creative Easter!
Jennie

2 comments:

Minxy said...

Loving the stitched envelope, thats another fade to add to my wish list lol

craftytrog said...

Brilliant piece Jennie! x