Wednesday 8 December 2010

Tag 7 1/2 by Jennie

The phenomenon that sweeps the stamping world early this month has grabbed hold of some of us again, and certainly has done me....lol what am I talking about? If you haven't been there, then you must visit Mr Holtz's 12 tags of Christmas! Now some of his tags are mind blowing exercises in lots of techniques, and complicated things to make!
So, I took some of the elements and techniques that has used so far to make a simple ten minute tag ( hence the title , as today is Tag 8!) for you to copy if you wish. I love simple, the simpler the better! So with this in mind, I use the Merry Christmas Artistic Stamper stamp, and inked it up using cut n dry felt. Stamp your stamp using black archival ink onto the material part of the felt pad, and using distress ink re-inkers colour up the inked stamp. Then place your stamp back onto the pad ink, and stamp in colour!  Keep the felt in a plastic bag, and it should last for ages. If you haven't felt then just ink your stamp using distress inks. I clear embossed the words.
I have to say I cheated here and used the same felt that I used when making his tag no 2!! and it had kept its colour perfectly!
I then inked the tag using Forest Moss , Crushed Olive ( love that name!) and edged it in Barn Red ( my favourite of all the colours!)
You can ink up over the clear embossing with no fear of the embossed image being discoloured.
I stamped the cones from Tim's Winter Sketchbook using the same method.
Add lots of Idea-ology baubles, and a facet. I glued a tiny picture from the Seasonal pad to the back of it with Glossy Accents. I added a few pearls on the bottom too.
There you go a ten minute tag perfect for your presents!

Happy Tagging
Jennie

8 comments:

~* steph :) *~ said...

pretty tag, jennie. loooove your gorgeous charms! thanks for sharing! have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

Minxy said...

just beautiful, with lovely colours :D

Glennis F said...

Well that certainly sounds a lot simpler, I had awful trouble with the facet thing

Vic said...

Very pretty! And so quick, too.

Daniele said...

gosh your quick off the mark I'm still 2 days behind....lol, Love the simplicity look of this tag...very pretty
hugs

cheryl said...

oh this is just gorgoues hun,love the charms you have used on this hugs cheryl xxx

Anonymous said...

A real stunner Jennie! Love it! xx

Sid said...

Gorgeous tag lovely colours !!